Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Terrier and the Whale

Yes, it's true, I do watch a lot of movies for such a small dog. The larger the dog, the fewer the movies. Philistines! To be fair, it is harder for them to sneak into the theatre.

First I saw an odd little movie called Mozart and the Whale which was about a whole lot of birds and bunnies and two very well matched people -- only they're having a hard time understanding just how well matched they really are.

Whales are having a good run lately: The Squid and the Whale, Whale Rider and, curiously over-looked: La Puta y La Ballena. Hopefully, they won't overstay their welcome like those creepy little penguins.

The boy who plays the Whale - Josh Hartnett does an nice job. Makes me almost forgive him for Pearl Harbor. And the girl who plays Mozart seemed to be channeling Helena Bonham Carter. It's a bit like Rainman joins Match.com -- certainly eHarmony wouldn't have him.

The dog quota was pretty low but I do enjoying seeing bunnies running free -- so, I'll give it one restrained "woof."

No comments: