We were out taking our usual Saturday evening stroll down Sutter Street. I was hoping to visit my buddy Haiku at the glasses shop, but he wasn't there so I sniffed around the doorway for a few minutes -- just in case he left me a message. Then we stopped at the big kids Toy Store -- they have these wind up thingies I've been dying to sink my teeth into -- another day disappointed...So we're back out on the street and I see a fancy pair of yellow flannel trousers walking toward me -- I look up and see a handsome gent with a crazy beard. Hey! He looks familiar. Hey! That's the guy who wrote one of my favorite songs!
Roaming around on Sunday,
Poking among the roots and rocks.
Nose to the ground on Sunday,
Studying all the shoes and socks.
Everything's worth it Sunday,
The day off.
Shoes and Socks! He sure got that right. There's nothing like sticking your head down into a really fragrant sneaker or rubbing your face on an old work boot. This guy really gets dogs!
Thanks for all the songs, Steve! Gruff!

No comments:
Post a Comment