Monday, May 28, 2007

Goodbye Lucy Ann

What a Memorial Day weekend it has been. But first things first:

Speaking of memorials, we got some sad news on Friday. One of our own, Lucy Ann, a gi-normous beee-utiful eleven year-old poodle, is prancing through the West Village no more.

Lu, as she was called by her friends, was a mighty good sport -- she traveled, hiked, snuck onto movie lots (one of my favorite pastimes!) and generally reigned supreme over two of the greatest cities in the US. I've always been a sucker for those big-boned bi-coastal gals -- I'm sure we'd have gotten on quite well.

Her extended family, Laura, Howard, Barb, Jim and especially little Ollie are missing her dearly. Ollie is a wire-haired dachshund -- and anyone who knows me knows about my predilection for that breed of beast -- they are the party animal of the AKC. In fact, I don't know how they got the hat off Ollie for this photo.



I wish I could send Ollie this painting.

It's by Gina Percifull and I think this is what dog heaven is like -- juggling dog bones at sunset.


I'm always reminding my human friend that she's darn lucky to have me, but once in a while I'll admit -- I'm pretty lucky too.



"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

1 comment:

patty cake said...

Thank you for the beautiful tribute to our girl!! We are mourning her loss. Ollie is confused and we are all so sad. Our lives will not be the same... William, you are so cool to leave such beautiful artwork and quotes for us. The tribute is so appreciated!!! Janet took a great pix of you!!!! Lucy had the best life and we had the best time with her! She was so fun, loving and full of goodness. We were blessed to know her.
Thanks for caring!!!
Love,
Laura, Howard and Ollie!!!